COLORADO STATEWIDE TRANSPORTATION PLANNING PROJECT
This report summarizes the findings and recommendations of Stage I of the Colorado Statewide Transportation Planning Project (STPP). This study investigates the context for statewide transportation planning and develops a planning process appropriate for the context. The study reviews the context for transportation development including current State policy, performance of existing systems, emerging issues and needs, and possible institutional tools and constraints. Issues of statewide concern include, among others, fiscal crunch in highway provision, possible fuel crises, poor distribution of intercity air and bus service, and lack of coordination between Transportation development and other State policies. The Stage I study specifies state-level planning activities designed to support more informed highway programming and indicates issues with respect to non-highway modes for attention from the appropriate state institution. Section II describes the statewide transportation system in Colorado including an analysis of the service currently being offered to residents of the state. Issues discerned in this analysis and possible future problems are discussed in Section III. Section IV describes the existing statewide planning and programming procedures as a point of departure for Section V which then develops a new statewide planning process.
- Prepared for Colorado Department of Highways in cooperation with DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
THK Associates, Incorporated1601 Emerson Street
Denver, CO USA 80218
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 202 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Bus transportation; Finance; Fuel consumption; Intercity bus lines; Level of service; Regional planning; States; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Financial requirements; State planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00177278
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM