EXPERIENCES WITH STRUCTUREBORNE SOUND TRANSMISSION IN SEA-GOING SHIPS
The paper presents some modified versions of the "cabin equation" of Buiten and Janssen to take account of such factors as "narrow path" radiation from the decks into the bulkheads, the insertion loss due to floating floors, the radiation by the bulkheads into the cabins and the overall accuracy. Results from laboratory experiments and from investigations on board are compared. The differences between the calculated and measured data for three groups of ships indicates that acceptable noise levels in accommodations can be achieved by the use of suitable noise countermeasures carefully applied. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,247.
- Proceedings of International Symposium on Shipboard Acoustics, held at Noordwijkerhout, September 6-10, 1976.
Technisch Physische Dienst TNO-THStieltjesweg 1, Postbus 155
Delft 2208, Netherlands
- Buiten, J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Ships; Sound transmission; Structural analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement; Ship noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Sound radiation; Structure-borne noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00177264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM