PROBABILITY OF COLLISIONS ON SELECTED ROUTES. VOLUME I
Lifetime collision probability on two nuclear tanker routes and one nuclear container route were calculated based on route collision frequency obtained from the Liverpool Underwriters' Casualty Returns for an eleven-year period and a route density projection to 1990. A model was obtained for the probability of collision on a given route for the lifetime of a nuclear vessel. Sensitivity studies were made for variations in nuclear ship speed, speed of other vessels, and average density of ships in a given grid square of ocean.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1976-9-30
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Mathematical models; Nuclear powered ships; Studies; Trade routes
- Old TRIS Terms: Collision modeling; Trade route studies
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00177239
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-92077021, V1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM