SOME ASPECTS OF SHIPYARD PRODUCTIVITY
This paper discusses the potential for improvement in the productivity of labour and of the working process through organization. The examples used will be familiar to all in the industry but it is hoped that the quantification of these will be new and compelling. The data used has been taken from several of the sources available to the writer. All data on performance has been obtained by work measurement techniques in common use throughout industry and applied by trained and experienced observers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Millen, W
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Labor productivity; Panels; Production; Production control; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Steel
- Old TRIS Terms: Panel assembly; Steel production economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00177219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM