APPLICATION OF MICROPROCESSORS TO AC AND DC ELECTRIC-MOTOR DRIVE SYSTEMS
This paper is a progress report on current microprocessor applications and the potential for their increased utilization. Microprocessors in dc-motor drives are used for speed control, for servo position control, and for monitoring functions. The ac-motor drives, microprocessor are used to generate firing pulses for the thyristors in cycloconverters and inverters to meet prescribed values of frequency and waveform. The paper predicts that microprocessors will appear first in high-performance drive systems, then in the logic and control functions of special and standard industrial drives, and finally in the firing circuits as techniques are developed to carry out the computations rapidly enough to minimize the dead time.
- Conf Rec IAS 12th Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, California, October 2-6, 1977.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY USA 10016-5997
- Kusko, A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Control; Data processing; Direct current motors; Electric power conditioning; Microprocessors; Motors; Speed control; Thyristors
- Old TRIS Terms: Computers (Microprocessor)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00177183
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: n 77CH1246-8-IA Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM