A STUDY OF ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED TRANSPORTATION IN PERRY COUNTY
The purposes of this study are to determine the special transportation needs of the elderly and handicapped persons living within the boundaries of the study area, Perry County, Ohio, and to develop strategies for improving the transportation services presently available in this county. This study includes information concerning the character of the community, estimates of the elderly and handicapped populations, their travel characteristics, an inventory of existing transportation services, a survey of potential financial resources, and an evaluation of the extent that the existing and proposed transportation services will satisfy the transit demand of the transportation disadvantaged. Opportunities for coordination and consolidation of local transportation services are also discussed. /UMTA/
- Sponsored by DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Columbus, OH United States 43215
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Needs assessment; Persons with disabilities; Transportation; Travel patterns
- Subject Areas: Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00177151
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-OH-09-8002 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UMTA-OH-09-8001
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1981 12:00AM