AUTO RESTRICTED ZONES--BACKGROUND AND FEASIBILITY
This report was prepared as part of the Auto Restricted Zone/Multi-User Vehicle Systems Study of the Service and Methods Demonstration Program of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. The purpose of the study is to (1) investigate existing experience with auto restricted zones and multi-user vehicle systems, (2) evaluate their feasibility as concepts applicable to urban transportation systems, (3) identify and evaluate potential sites for demonstration, and (4) design demonstration programs. This volume examines the concept of auto restriction, investigates its application in both Europe and the U.S. Auto restricted zones were found to be feasible for application to U.S. cities, and a number of key factors were identified in their successful implementation. /UMTA/
- Sponsored by DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA United States
- Herald, W S
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Demonstration projects; Traffic restraint; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00177150
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-VA-06-0042-78-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1057
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1981 12:00AM