A STUDY OF ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED TRANSPORTATION IN ATHENS COUNTY
The purposes of this study are to determine specific transportation needs of elderly and handicapped persons within Athens County, Ohio, and to develop strategies for improving the county's present transportation services. The study includes information about the character of the community, estimates of the number of elderly and handicapped, their travel characteristics, a survey of potential financial resources, and an evaluation of the extent that the existing and proposed services will satisfy the needs of the transportation disadvantaged. Opportunities for coordination and consolidation of local transportation services are also discussed. /Author/
- Sponsored by DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Columbus, OH United States 43215
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Needs assessment; Persons with disabilities; Transportation; Transportation disadvantaged persons
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disadvantaged persons
- Subject Areas: Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00177107
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-OH-09-8002 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UMTA-OH-09-8001
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1981 12:00AM