SWATH SHIP DESIGN STATE OF THE ART
Results from studies conducted to establish the capability for designing and building SWATH ships are presented. Areas studied include seakeeping, maneuvering, structures, loads, control surfaces, resistance optimization, and facility availability.
- Also sponsored by Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers at the AIAA/SNAME Advanced Marine Vehicles Conference, San Diego, California, April 17-19, 1978.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY USA 10019
- Kerr, G D
- Anderson, T A
- Kennell, C G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Economic analysis; Hulls; Loads; Maneuvering; Naval architecture; Seakeeping; Ship motion; Shipbuilding; Ships; Simulation; State of the art; SWATH ships; Twin hulled ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull bending moments; Ship structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00176888
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-737
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM