WAVE MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS APPLICABLE TO GREAT LAKES VESSELS AND SPECTRA
A shipborne wave measurement system for use on a Great Lake's ore carrier is proposed. The recommended system uses a modified marine radar to image the water wave pattern in a one mile radius of the vessel. The wave heights are measured using a radar or laser ranging system looking down at the waves from the vessel's deck.
Naval Research Laboratory4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20375-5320
- Hammond, D L
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bulk carriers; Electromagnetic spectrum; Hulls; Longitudinal strength; Measurement; Ore carriers; Structural analysis; Wave height; Wave measurement
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull bending
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00176847
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-4-78 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MIPRZ-70099-65879
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM