PARKING GARAGE PLANNING AND OPERATION
This monograph discusses parking structure planning, functional design, and operation. Emphasis is placed on current parking garage practice; however, trends are noted and parking issues are overviewed in national perspective. An attempt is made to show how parking garage, design, and operation relate to people and the urban environment. Chapter II discusses the role of parking in the total urban transportation system as it relates the growing concern over social and environmental consequences, and energy conservation implications in urban motor travel. It also outlines the key studies and analyses relating to identifying needs, evaluating usage, and determining feasibility. Chapter III presents planning and development guides, design factors, and general parameters. Chapters IV and V deal with the functional design of parking garages and alternative types of interfloor travel systems, while Chapter VI present pedestrian considerations. Operational practices are related in Chapter VII to economic efficiency and characteristics of demand.
- Record URL:
Eno Transportation FoundationP.O. Box 2055, Saugatuck Station
Westport, CT United States 06880-0055
- Weant, R A
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 169 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economics; Energy; Environment; Garages; Parking; Pedestrians; Planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00176768
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1981 12:00AM