TEST PROCEDURES FOR ESTABLISHING THE ALTITUDE PERFORMANCE OF TURBOFAN ENGINES TO VALIDATE CONTRACTUAL GUARANTEES
The facilities at The National Gas Turbine Establishment for direct-connect tests on turbofans and turbojets at conditions simulating flight at altitude are briefly described. The measurements that have to be made to establish performance within the prescribed limits required for contractual guarantees are derived. Techniques are discussed for eliminating the effect of small, but significant, time-variant changes which occur in the quantities being measured due to unsteadiness in instrumentation, engine and test conditions. Methods evolved for ensuring continuing operation of the instrumentation and data gathering system at the required high level of accuracy are outlined. A standardized test procedure (Test Code) for establishing contract guarantee performance at NGTE is discussed with illustrative examples.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Dean, G W
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Aircraft; Altitude; Data collection; Engines; Instrumentation; Performance; Testing; Turbofan engines; Warranty
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00176662
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 78-GT-42 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM