AIRCRAFT FUEL PUMPS -- WHERE WE'RE AT (A REVIEW OF SOME PROBLEMS AND THEIR CURRENT SOLUTIONS)
European-designed tank-mounted boost pumps, the thermal diffuser, engine driven backing pumps and gear pumps have all changed, and improved, over the last few years. This paper outlines the reasons for the changes, the problems they are designed to overcome, and the efficacy of the solutions offered.
- Prepared for ASME Meeting, April 9-13, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Thompson, J S
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft fuels; Diffusers; Engines; Flow; Fluid dynamics; Fuel pumps; Fuel tanks; Gears; Pumps; Reviews
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Booster pumps; Flow of fluids; Pumps, gear
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00176638
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 78-GT-10 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM