USING AVIATION RESOURCES IN THE UNITED STATES MORE EFFICIENTLY
There are 12,000 airfields in the United States and over 4,000 of these serve the general public and military community. The Federal Government spends millions of dollars annually to promote safe operation of aircraft in the Nation's airspace. This report identifies opportunities available to Government agencies to consolidate and share functions and to reduce government investment and expenditures for Federal support of aviation. Selected civilian and military airfields were reviewed to see if any effort is being made to avoid unnecessary duplication and to limit the Government's investment in aviation support.
- A Report to the Congress.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Airspace (Aeronautics); Airspace (Law); Aviation safety; Expenditures; Federal aid; General aviation; Investments; Military aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00176625
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: U.S. General Accounting Office
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM