SHARED-RIDE TAXI COMPUTER CONTROL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS STUDY
The technical problem of scheduling and routing shared-ride taxi service is so great that only computers can handle it efficiently. This study is concerned with defining the requirements of such a computer system. The major objective of this study is to develop the system requirements and perform a functional design of the computer control system (CCS) for an automated shared-ride taxi (SRT) system. A SRT operation using a CCS offers a potential for increased taxi dispatching efficiency, improved driver productivity and profitability, improved quality of service, integration of taxis into areawide transit, and improved mobility for the transportation disadvantaged. This interim report describes progress on the study and indicates major findings to date. It is an executive-level summary, and it does not attempt to include all information or justify all statements. Rather, it is an overview of accomplishments leading to a concluding section which outlines preliminary system design requirements. These requirements are subject to change since the work in many areas is not yet complete. The Appendices consist of a Bibliography and a Report of Inventions. /UMTA/
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/MA060054
- Sponsored by DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration. DAVE Systems under contract to DOT, Transportation Systems Center.
DAVE SystemsTRANSMAX Division, 2121 West Crescent Avenue
Anaheim, CA USA 92801
- Fielding, G J
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Control systems; Data processing; Design; Driver performance; Drivers; Personnel performance; Productivity; Profits; Ridesharing; Routing; Scheduling; Taxicabs
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00176576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- ISBN: MA-06-0054
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0054-77-1Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1272
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1981 12:00AM