ACCEPTANCE SAMPLING OF STRUCTURAL PAINTS
This report describes an investigation of acceptance sampling procedures for structural paints. The general paint manufacturing process is briefly described. Historical data on frequency of rejections under specifications formerly in force were analyzed, resulting in some changes in those for viscosity. New York State Materials Method 6 and Federal Test Method Standard 141a (Method 1021, which cover paint acceptance testing, are compared. Current sampling plans are discussed and analyzed and a suggested revision to the container sampling scheme is presented.
- Sponsored by DOT, Federal Highway Adminsitration.
Albany, NY United States 12232
- Law, D A
- Anania, G L
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance sampling; Manufacturing; Paint; Quality control; Specifications; Structures; Viscosity
- Old TRIS Terms: Quality control testing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00176542
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NYSDOT-ERD-77-RR 53
- Contract Numbers: FCP 46C2-053
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 29 2003 12:00AM