MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT OF UNIFORM GUIDELINES
The report represents the product of the efforts of three Standing Committees of the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators in exploring issues that were identified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and in developing guidelines for State action on those issues. The Committees were: Driver License and Control Committee; Engineering and Vehicle Inspection Committee; and Registration and Title Committee. The products from them are as follows: (1) Uniform guidelines for motor vehicle safety equipment that should be inspected periodically; (2) A model odometer disclosure procedures program; (3) State procedures used to identify problem drivers; (4) A model State classified driver licensing program. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators2101 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-11-30
- Pagination: 274 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver licensing; Guidelines; Inspection; Licenses; Manual safety belts; Motor vehicles; Oedometers; Safety equipment; State government; States; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00176304
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-297 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01438
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM