VEHICLE INTEGRATION AND EVALUATION OF ADVANCED RESTRAINT SYSTEMS. RESTRAINT SYSTEM ANALYSIS REPORT
The report describes the results of the sled testing and vehicle crash testing that were conducted in order to evaluate the performance of four advanced restraints systems in a compact size automobile. These results were then used to construct a crash survivability envelope for the front seat occupants of the subject vehicle in a variety of accident modes. The vehicle chosen for this effort was the 1976 Volvo 244. The restraint systems chosen to be integrated into the Volvo were: (1) advanced driver airbag system; (2) advanced passenger airbag system; (3) force-limited airbelt system; (4) force-limited 2-inch belt system.
Fitzpatrick Engineering490 Rarchite Vista Road
Santa Barbara, CA USA 93108
Washington, DC USA 20590
- FITZPATRICK, M U
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 205 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Automobiles; Collisions; Compact automobiles; Crash injury research; Front seats; Impact tests; Inflatable structures; Manual safety belts; Passive restraint systems; Research; Rocket sleds; Safety equipment; Survival; Testing; Vehicle occupancy
- Old TRIS Terms: Rocket propelled sleds; Sleds
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00176299
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01307, NHTSA-8-0147
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM