NETWORK AGGREGATION IN TRANSPORTATION PLANNING. VOLUME II: A FIXED POINT METHOD FOR TREATING TRAFFIC EQUILIBRIA
Volume 2 defines a new algorithm for the network equilibrium model that works in the space of path flows and is based on the theory of fixed point method. The goals of the study were broadly defined as the identification of aggregation practices and the development of a framework for studying these practices. These goals have been accomplished by, (a) conducting a survey of aggregation practices, (b) formulating an aggregation model, (c) conducting a computational study, (d) deriving mathematical programming formulations aimed at making steps of the model precise, and (e) programming and testing a particular algorithm.
- See also Volume 1, PB-281 384.
Mathtech, Incorporated14 Washington Road
Princeton, NJ United States 08540
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Kuhn, H W
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Cost allocation; Highway transportation; Mathematical models; Network analysis (Planning); Networks; Nonlinear programming; Operations; Planning; Railroad transportation; Simulation; Traffic engineering; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Allocations; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00176293
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-RSPD-78-8.2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1232
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1981 12:00AM