GOOD TRANSPORTATION IN URBAN AREAS. PROCEEDINGS OF THE ENGINEERING FOUNDATION CONFERENCE HELD AT SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA, ON SEPTEMBER 7-12, 1975
Six specific subject areas were studied and reported upon by Probe Groups, namely (1) intermodal freight facilities and coordination, (2) assessment of planning and modeling methodologies, (3) improving UGM through operations management, (4) economic issues, (5) impact of reconstructed rail services, and (6) opportunities for capital and institutional improvements. In addition to reports and recommendations of Probe Groups, 25 keynote, summary, and resource papers are presented covering such topics as regulation; commercial zones; freight security; intermodal terminals; documentation; energy conservation; freight movement planning and modeling; truck priorities; and Federal, State and local programs.
- See also report dated Feb 74, PB-267 738.
Engineering FoundationUnited Engineering Center, 345 E 47th Street
New York, NY United States 10017
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Fisher, G P
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 432 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Economic factors; Energy conservation; Freight terminals; Freight transportation; Intermodal terminals; Level of service; Mathematical models; Meetings; Planning; Railroad transportation; Regulations; Transportation; Transportation operations; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation management; Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00176290
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60099
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 2002 12:00AM