AUTOMOBILE ENGINE CONTROL PARAMETERS STUDY. VOLUME I: SUMMARY AND STATUS OF DOMESTIC ENGINE CONTROL PRACTICES
This report contains the results of a study to evaluate automobile engine control parameters and their effects on vehicle fuel economy and emissions. Volume I presents detailed technical information on the engine control practices used by selected domestic vehicle manufacturers to meet past and current emission standards, and their own fuel economy, performance and driveability objectives. Also included is a discussion of the operational characteristics and design features of engine control hardware, systems, and techniques, and their general implications on fuel economy and emissions.
- See also Volume 2, PB-281184.
Aerospace CorporationMobile Systems Group, 2350 East El Segundo Blvd
El Segundo, CA USA 90245
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Roessler, W U
- Covey, R R
- Muraszew, A
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 287 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Carburetors; Control devices; Control systems; Energy; Equipment; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Ignition systems; Internal combustion engines; Pollutants; Specifications; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution control devices; Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00176288
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-56.I Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: F04701-76-C-0077
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM