EVALUATION OF A ONE-POINT COMPACTION TEST FOR MISSOURI SOILS. STUDY 76-1
A family of curves for use with a one-point compaction test was developed from over 500 AASHTO T-99, Method C laboratory moisture-density relations tests. The family of curves is considered applicable to all Missouri soils, except those defined as coarse grained or organic, within a maximum dry density range of 88-120 pcf. Accuracy of field test procedures and methods of compaction control were related to laboratory results.
- Record URL:
- Report on Missouri Cooperative Highway Research Program.
Missouri State Highway DepartmentDivision of Materials and Research, State Highway Building
Jefferson City, MO United States 65101
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Correlation analysis; Density; Evaluation; Highways; Soil compaction; Soil compaction test; Soil tests; Soil water; Test procedures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reproducibility
- Geographic Terms: Missouri
- Old TRIS Terms: Compaction tests; Density mass/volume; Soil compacting
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00176286
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/M-0430 Final Rpt., 7601
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM