ENGINEERING AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM PLAN - FREQUENCY SPECTRUM MANAGEMENT
This program plan describes spectrum management activities supporting aviation's use of the frequency spectrum. Long range spectrum planning is provided through coordination with national and international organizations. Policy, criteria, and standards are provided to spectrum users to ensure efficient spectrum utilization. Electromagnetic compatibility analyses and representation in national/international forums are provided to ensure the suitability of available spectrum. New measurement and analysis techniques are provided to improve overall spectrum management. The Frequency Spectrum Management element is divided into three subprograms. The Radar/Beacon Spectrum Planning subprogram includes projects for radar, ATCRBS, and DABS. The Communications/Navigation Spectrum Planning subprogram includes projects for navigation, CAS, communications, MLS, and satellites. The Spectrum Applications Engineering subprogram includes projects for RF propagation, spectrum surveillance, spectrum coordination, electromagnetic radiation measurements, and the exercising of specialized models and computer programs developed as functional tools of spectrum management.
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Beacons; Communications; Electromagnetic compatibility; Electromagnetic spectrum; Frequency allocation; Management; Navigation; Organizations; Planning; Policy; Radar; Radio frequency; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning and control
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00176233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-ED-21-4
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM