TRSB MICROWAVE LANDING SYSTEM DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM AT BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
The demonstrations at Brussels, Belgium, were the sixth in a series of FAA conducted operational demonstrations of several TRSB system configurations at selected airports in the United States and abroad. The Basic Wide aperture TRSB was installed to service Runway 07L which was the longest of three major runways at the airport. Operational demonstrations and data acquisition flights were made using FAA CV-880 and B-727 aircraft. One-third of the landings were autoland. Flight profiles included straight-in and curved approaches, radials, and partial orbits. Some flight tests were also made by British Civil Aviation Authority personnel using TRSB equipment installed in a CAA flight inspection aircraft. Results of thee operational demonstrations indicate that the performance of th TRSB Basic Wide system configuration meets the ICAO full capability system requirements.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ USA
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Demonstration projects; Instrument flying; Microwave landing systems; Shape
- Uncontrolled Terms: Configuration; Demonstrations
- Geographic Terms: Belgium
- Old TRIS Terms: All weather aviation
- Subject Areas: Research;
- Accession Number: 00176219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-78-18, FAA/RD-78-18
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 2003 12:00AM