GENERAL AVIATION AIRPLANE STRUCTURAL CRASHWORTHINESS USER'S MANUAL. VOLUME III. RELATED DESIGN INFORMATION
General information is presented in this report to assist the general aviation airplane industry designer in developing improved structural crashworthiness designs. This report is initiated for the purpose of providing the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) members with the basis for understanding the types of procedures, methods and data that are available with regard to structural crashworthiness. This document contains the following sections: (1) General Aviation Airplane Operational and Structural Characteristics; (2) Crash Environment; (3) Occupant Injury Assessment; (4) Structural Data and Methods; and (5) Structural Crashworthiness Design and Compilance Methods.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A054 317.
Lockheed-California Company2555 North Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA USA 91505
- WITTLIN, G
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Aircraft; Aircraft crashes; Airframes; Aviation safety; Civil aviation; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Crash injuries; Crash landing; Crashworthiness; Databases; General aviation aircraft; Injuries; Lightweight materials; Manuals; Mathematical models; Needs assessment; Simulation; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural mechanics; Tolerance (Physiology); Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design; Structural response; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic characteristics; Tolerances physiology
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00176217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-77-189-3 Final Rpt., LR-28307-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA75WA-3707
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM