PASSENGERS IN CONTAINERS
A futuristic vision of future passenger and cargo transport is presented. To speed up lengthy transit operations, passengers would be accommodated in comfortable, compartment-like containers. Several diagrams show how such containers can be accommodated aboard an aircraft or a helicopter, on a truck, or in a railroad car. A system would result in great economy in both cost and time. Of particular importance is such a system for cargo traffic.
- Tran-Transl. Into English from Sots. Industriya (Ussr), 21 Apr. 1977 p 4. Subm-Transl. By Transemantics, Inc., Washington, D. C.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20546
- Tarkhanovskiy, V
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Commodities; Containers; Economic analysis; Energy consumption; Freight transportation; Materials management; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Rapid transit; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation energy; Transporter
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00176137
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-TM-75078
- Contract Numbers: NASW-2792
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1981 12:00AM