SUPPORTING INVESTIGATIONS DURING TESTING OF THE WDL-1 AIRSHIP IN GHANA AND UPPER VOLTA
An evaluation is presented of the hull temperature measurements and flight data recorded during the test flight of an airship (blimp) in July and August, 1976, in Ghana and Upper Volta. The hull temperature data and related environmental parameters allow analyzing the heat transfer characteristics of the hull, the emission behavior of the surface, and the heat transfer coefficients as a function of the flow velocity. The flight data provide insight into the airship's operational performance, especially maximum and minimum cargo and fuel consumption.
- Language in German.
Deutsche Forschungs-u Versuchsanst f Luft-u RaumftHauptabt. Flugbetrieb
- Licklederer, A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airships; Commodities; Developing countries; Flight tests; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Heat transfer; Hulls; Lighter than air craft; Loading and unloading; Operations; Temperature; Temperature measurement; Tropics
- Geographic Terms: Burkina Faso; Ghana
- Old TRIS Terms: Lighter-than-air vehicles; Loading operations; Operational problems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Energy; Freight Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00176121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DLR-IB-536-77/1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM