AN ANALYTICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL EVALUATION OF CONCRETE CROSS TIE AND FASTENER LOADS
This report has been prepared as part of the Improved Track Structures Research Program sponsored by the Office of Rail Safety Research of the Federal Railroad Administration. The report covers a review and evaluation of track analysis models for predicting tie and fastener loads. The principal track analysis model selected includes the effects of tie bending, ballast depth, and ballast and subgrade elastic properties in a unified manner. The report also includes a statistical description of track loads measured for revenue traffic operating on three sections of concrete tie track on the Florida East Coast Railway. Measured tie loads are compared to maximum design loads used in current specifications for concrete ties and fasteners.
- Record URL:
- Prepared in cooperation with Bechtel, Inc., Gaithersburg, Md. See also report dated Apr 77, PB-271393.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
Bechtel, Incorporated4300 Garden City Drive
Gaithersburg, MD United States 20760
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- PRAUSE, R H
- Harrison, H D
- KENNEDY, J C
- Arnlund, R C
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 356 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Bending; Bending stress; Concrete; Concrete ties; Data collection; Deflection; Fasteners; Instrumentation; Life cycle analysis; Loads; Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Stresses; Subgrade (Pavements); Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Track stiffness
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast depth; Track response investigations; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00176001
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/71 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1044
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM