EQUITY OF TRANSIT SERVICE. VOLUME I
Recipients of grants from the Urban Mass Transportation Administration (UMTA) are required to comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. The purpose of this research project, conducted for UMTA's Office of Civil Rights, was to develop a set of guidelines for UMTA grant recipients to use in applying for certification of compliance with Title VI. This study presents guidelines for grant recipients to use in submitting proof of compliance with Title VI, and it provides standards for Office of Civil Rights' reviewers to apply to the material submitted to make a determination of compliance. The guidelines and standards were developed after field surveys and pilot testing.
- See also Volume 2, PB-279 074.
Rouse (W.V.) Associates LimitedEvanston, IL United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Miller, D R
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Grant aid; Guidelines; Legislation; Public transit; Relocation (Facilities); Specifications; Standards; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Relocation; Requirement; Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Law; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00175970
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-9004-78-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-50029
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 28 2002 12:00AM