THROUGH THEIR EYES: A REPORT FROM THE FIELD
In May 1977 the Secretary of Transportation established an internal Transportation Assistance Review Task Force to review modal grant programs to State and local governments, and to develop administrative and legislative recommendations for appropriate changes. The Task Force visited fifteen separate locations in fourteen States and consulted with the national organizations representing State and local government officials on their problems and concerns. This report documents the findings of the Task Force, focusing on twelve issues raised most frequently by State and local officials. It was subsequently used in the development of a new highway/transit legislative package for submission to Congress.
Department of TransportationAssistant Secretary for Congressional and Internatl Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue,SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Federal aid; Financing; Grant aid; Legislation; Local government; Multimodal transportation; Planning; Project management; State government; States; Transportation; Transportation operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Program effectiveness; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00175969
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-77-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM