SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION A017, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results are summarized of 100 test borings made in Section A017 of Rockville Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. The exploration was performed to investigate conditions along the running line of the rapid transit system which includes at-grade and aerial structures and Shady Grove station plus several crossing structures. The report includes a continuous geological section along the center line of Metro outbound track, special cross-sections at station locations and the various crossing structures and parking lots, logs of the test borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples and comments on potential design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Washington, D.C. Sponsored in part by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C. See also rept. no. 7 dated 24 May 76, PB-253 316.
Utah State University, LoganUtah Water Research Laboratory
Logan, UT USA 84321
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001
- Publication Date: 1977-8-15
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Metropolitan areas; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00175906
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-77-153
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 2002 12:00AM