ANALYSIS OF COMPUTER SUPPORT SYSTEMS FOR MULTI-FUNCTIONAL PLANNING. REPORT II
The report contains an analysis of the present status of development and use of resource planning systems, their utility, applicability, transferability, costs, and benefits--continuation of Report I. Included is an analysis of Range RAM, Roading RAM, and non-timber applications of RCS including hydrologic and soils simulation programs. Analysis of the Transportation Analysis Group (TAG) of the Forest Service, includes: Timber and Recreation Transport Analysis models; Transportation Information System (TIS) and Road Inventories (TIS - ROADS); Traffic Surveillance Program; Recreation Interview; Fire Station Location; Road Investment Strategy; Vehicle Operating Cost Model; One Lane Road Simulator and Allocation of Road Maintenance Funds. This is the first published series of a comprehensive systems evaluation.
- Also available in set of 4 reports PC E12, PB-278 432-SET.
Pacific Southwest Forest & Range Experiment StaBerkeley, CA United States
- HILL, M
- Hirsh, E
- KIRBY, M
- Lowe, J
- Perry, G
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 229 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Cost allocation; Economic analysis; Economic models; Farming; Forest fires; Forestry; Forests; Highway planning; Hydrology; Improvements; Information processing; Information systems; Inventory control; Investments; Linear programming; Maintenance; Mapping; Operating costs; Planning; Recreation; Resource allocation; Roads; Simulation; Soils; Timber; Traffic surveillance; Transportation; Trees; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Allocation models; Road improvements
- Old TRIS Terms: Harvesting; Structural timber; Support systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175782
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FS-MASS-2 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM