ENERGY DEMAND FORECASTING MODEL, TECHNICAL APPENDIX. COMPUTER PROGRAM USERS GUIDE AND OPERATING MANUAL, DATA BASE USERS GUIDE, AND PACIFIC NORTHWEST ENERGY DATA BASE
This document contains operating instructions and system documentation for a computerized energy demand forecasting model. The model has the capability to forecast energy demand for four fuel types (electricity, gas, oil, and coal), for the three Northwest states (Washington, Oregon, and Idaho), in five-year steps, from 1980 through the year 2000. The forecasts are further broken down into the Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Transportation, and 'Other' sectors. The model is written in Fortran for the CDC 6500 computer. The model is econometric, correlating over 800 time series. The document also contains a Pacific Northwest Energy Data base plus a Data Base Users Guide.
- Prepared by Mathematical Sciences Northwest, Inc., Bellevue, Wash. Sponsored in part by Pacific Northwest Regional Commission, Vancouver, Wash. See also PB-274 336.
Northwest Energy Policy Project700 Northeast Multnomah
Portland, OR USA 97232
Mathematical Sciences Northwest, Incorporated2755 Northup Way
Bellevue, WA USA 98004
Pacific Northwest Regional CommissionVancouver, WA USA
- McHugh, W M
- Storie, J M
- Lockett, J W
- Scott, S G
- Holt, E A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 370 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Computer programming; Computer programs; Demand; Econometric models; Econometrics; Electric power supply; Energy; Energy consumption; Energy resources; Equipment; Forecasting; Households; Industries; Manuals; Mathematical models; Natural gas; Petroleum; Trade; Transportation
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Geographic Terms: Idaho; Oregon; Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cdc 6500; Electric power demand; Energy demand; Energy forecasts; Energy models; Energy requirements
- Subject Areas: Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00175663
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NEPP-II Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM