KCMR DIAL-A-RIDE STUDY: REPORT NUMBER 6. MARKETING AND PUBLIC INFORMATION
The study is comprised of 6 reports that encompass all of the major facets of a demand-responsive system. It is designed to assist the Mid-America Regional Council and local government agencies in the detailed service planning of Dial-A-Ride services in the Kansas City Metropolitan Region. A small pilot system was applied in Independence, Missouri, and a larger pilot system was applied in Johnson County, Kansas. Report No. 6 deals with marketing (news coverage, displays, promotion, advertising, etc.). It discusses the needs of the users and how to arouse and hold the interest of current and potential users. The marketing process for Dial-A-Ride systems are functions which need to be performed by management, but not necessarily by one department or by one individual. It was found that Dial-A-Ride service to the general public should be seriously considered for expansion of public transportation in major portions of the KCMR, and especially in medium and lower density suburban areas.
- Prepared by Huron River Group, Inc., Ann Arbor, Mich. and Missouri Transportation Associates, Kansas City. See also Report dated April 1977, PB-275690.
Mid America Regional Council20 West 9th Street
Huron River Group, Incorporated1479 Maywood
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48108
Missouri Transportation Associates600 Tenmain Center
Kansas City, MO USA 64106
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Level of service; Local government; Marketing; Metropolitan areas; Needs assessment; Paratransit services; Passenger transportation; Promotion; Publicity; Suburbs; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Kansas; Missouri
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00175566
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0047-77-6
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 14 1981 12:00AM