RESEARCH SAFETY VEHICLE - PHASE II. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Volume I summarizes the results of the Minicars Research Safety Vehicle Phase II program, as detailed in Volumes II and III. Phase I identified trends leading to the desired national social goals of the mid-1980's in vehicle crashworthiness, crash avoidance, damageability, pedestrian safety, fuel economy, emissions and cost, and characterized an RSV to satisfy them. In Phase II an RSV prototype was designed, developed and tested to demonstrate the feasibility of meeting these goals simultaneously. Although further refinement is necessary to assure operational validity, in all categories the results meet or exceed the most advanced performance specified by The Presidential Task Force on Motor Vehicle Goals beyond 1980.
- See also PB-265248.
Minicars, Incorporated35 La Patera Lane
Goleta, CA United States 93017
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Struble, D
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Cost estimating; Costs; Crash avoidance systems; Crashworthiness; Durability; Estimates; Exhaust gases; Feasibility analysis; Fuel consumption; Pedestrian safety; Pollutants; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Safety vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Pedestrian protection
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00175553
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-249 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01215
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM