FREIGHT CAR TRUCK DESIGN OPTIMIZATION. VOLUME V. CRITIQUE OF FREQUENCY DOMAIN MODEL-EQUATIONS OF MOTION
As part of the Truck Design Optimization Project (TDOP) a mathematical model was developed to be used for predicting truck behavior. The model, its description, the nomenclature used, and the development of the equations of motion were all oriented toward the computer program which would ultimately solve the equations. A detailed review and evaluation of the mathematical model was carried out. This review was judged necessary to provide an independent evaluation of the model which contained many assumptions and some errors whose effect was not clear.
- Record URL:
- See also Volumes 1 through 4 and 6 in RRIS 02 175504-175507 and 175509 respectively; Bulletin 7802.
Mitre Corporation1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard
McLean, VA United States 22102
Washington, DC United States 20590
- MUHLENBERG, J D
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Design; Dynamic tests; Equations of motion; Freight cars; Mathematical models; Optimization; Railroad cars; Research projects; Ride quality; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00175508
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/12.V, WP-11978
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-54090
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM