FREIGHT CAR TRUCK DESIGN OPTIMIZATION. VOLUME II. PHASE I, FINAL REPORT
Tasks assigned to Phase I of the Truck Design Optimization Project (TDOP) are concluded. This report includes lists of data tapes, reports filed through FRA with the National Technical Information Service (NTIS). Also, in the appendices of this report will be found seven additional small technical reports, as well as drawing lists, definitions and a bibliography.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 1 and Volumes 3 through 6 in RRIS 02 175504 and 175506-175509 respectively; Bulletin 7802.
Southern Pacific Transportation CompanyTechnical Research and Development Group
San Francisco, CA United States 94105
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 285 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Bibliographies; Car trucks (Railroads); Data collection; Design; Durability; Dynamics; Freight cars; Friction; Hunting (Dynamics); Instrumentation; Mechanical tests; Optimization; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Research projects; Suspension systems; Test procedures; Test trains; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car component performance; Freight car dynamics; Truck dynamics
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175505
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/12.II, TDOP-76-227
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM