CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION OF A LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS IMPORT TERMINAL IN CALCASIEU PARISH, LOUISIANA. DOCKET NOS. CP74-138 - TRUNKLINE LNG COMPANY, CP74-139 - TRUNKLINE LNG COMPANY, CP74-140 - TRUNKLINE GAS COMPANY
This report is related to an administration action arising from an application from Trunkline LNG Company (Trunkline) seeking authorization to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Algeria to a terminal to be constructed about 12 miles southwest of Lake Charles in Calcasieu Parish, LA. Trunkline has also filed an application seeking certification to construct certain facilities necessary for Trunkline to unload, store, revaporize, and sell the imported natural gas to Trunkline Gas Company in revaporized form. This application proposes the construction of an unloading dock, three 600,000-barrel LNG storage tanks, a 50,000-barrel Bunker-C fuel-oil storage tank, vaporizer units, and other appurtenant facilities. In addition, Trunkline Gas Company has filed a certificate application to construct and operate approximately 45.8 miles of 30-inch diameter pipeline and a metering station in order to transport the natural gas to its mainline transmission facilities in Longville, LA. The report discusses environmental, safety, and other aspects of these proposed actions.
Federal Power CommissionBureau of Natural Gas, 825 North Capitol Street, NE
Washington, DC United States 20426
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 316 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Economic impacts; Environmental impact statements; Environmental impacts; Intermodal terminals; Land use; Liquefied natural gas; Marine biology; Marine terminals; Noise; Safety; Social factors; Social impacts; Storage tanks; Tankers; Water pollution; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker ships; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00175487
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 31 2002 12:00AM