EVALUATION AND CORRELATION OF DRIVER/VEHICLE DATA. VOLUME II. TECHNICAL REPORT
The purpose of the study has been to analyze and correlate available handling-related driver/vehicle system response and performance data. This information has been used in an effort to identify safety-relevant vehicle performance characteristics and requirements criteria. Volume 2 contains the following: Determination of vehicle dynamic properties; Regulation tasks; Transient and discrete maneuvers; Considerations for handling requirements.
- See also Volume 1, PB-278 068, and Volume 3, PB-278 070. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E08, PB-278 067-SET.
Systems Technology, Incorporated13766 South Hawthorne Boulevard
Hawthorne, CA United States 90250
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Weir, D H
- DiMarco, R J
- McRuer, D T
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Control; Correlation analysis; Drivers; Dynamic loads; Evaluation; Feedback control; Handling characteristics; Highways; Human factors engineering; Maneuverability; Performance; Safety; Safety and security; Stability (Mechanics); Steering; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Transportation safety; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicles; Yaw
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria; Data; Dynamic response; Handling; Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Directional measurement; Response; System /linked/
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175485
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-246 Final Rpt., STI-TR-1068-1-VOL-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01200
- Files: NTIS, TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM