GUIDELINES MANUAL, VEHICLE THEFT COUNTERMEASURES IN THE ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATES OF VEHICLE TITLE
This report defines elements of the vehicle titling/registration processes of state departments of motor vehicles that are particularly vulnerable to attempts to acquire 'legal' title to stolen vehicles. Recommendations are made for improvement of procedures that will reduce the potential for fraudulent retitling.
Young (Arthur) and CompanyBethesda, MD United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- DiMiceli, M
- Becker, H B
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Crimes; Guidelines; Insurance; Law enforcement; Manuals; Motor vehicles; Ownership; Prevention; Recommendations; Security; State government; Theft; Victims
- Uncontrolled Terms: Instructions
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00175476
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-236 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01425
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM