THE A.D. RAIL FASTENING FOR CONCRETE SLEEPERS
A new type of rail fastening, for use with flat-bottom rails and Class F concrete sleepers with modified rail seatings, are in use with long welded rails on a main line of the British Railways Track sections are illustrated. The assembly consists of an insulating clamping block, malleable cast-iron containing collar, and triple-coil spring washer. These are secured firmly in position against the rail foot by a holding-down bolt, tightened by a flanged nut and restrained by a locking pin which passes transversely through the concrete sleeper and also through a hole in the end of the holding-down bolt. The rail is seated on a rubber pad.
Temple Press Limited161-166 Fleet Street
Longon EC4, England
- Publication Date: 1959-3-27
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- RAILWAY GAZETTE
- Volume: 110
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete ties; Fastenings; Rail (Railroads); Railroad ties; Technology; Welded rail
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00037990
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 4 1994 12:00AM