SINGLE-CHANNEL VOICE-RESPONSE-SYSTEM PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION. VOLUME I. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
This report documents the design and implementation of a Voice Response System (VRS) using Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation (ADPCM) voice coding. Implemented on a Digital Equipment Corporation PDP-11/20,R this VRS system supports a single audio-output channel. Vocabulary size is limited to 900 words or phrases. Input to the system consists of text messages or sentences in ASCII format transmitted to the 11/20 through a 300-baud asynchronous interface. A preliminary design for a VRS for 10 channels is reported.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A051 745.
Input Output Computer Services IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Adaptive control; Coding systems; Communication systems; Communications; Computer program documentation; Computer programming; Definitions; Flow charts; Messages (Communications); Pulse code modulation; Real time control; Real time data processing
- Old TRIS Terms: Adaptive communications; Differential pulse code modulation; Flow charting; Machine coding; Message processing; Multichannel communications; Response; Vocabulary; Vocoders
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00175467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-77-177-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1107-1
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 31 2002 12:00AM