SINGLE-CHANNEL VOICE-RESPONSE-SYSTEM PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION. VOLUME III. USER'S GUIDE
This report documents the design and implementation of a Voice Response System (VRS) using Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation (ADPCM) voice coding. Implemented on a Digital Equipment Corporation PDP-11/20, this VRS system supports a single audio output channel. Vocabulary size is limited to 900 words or phrases. Input to the system consists of text messages or sentences in ASCII format transmitted to the 11/20 through a 300-baud asynchronous interface. A preliminary design for a VRS for 10 channels is reported.
- See also Volume 1, AD-A051 543.
Input Output Computer Services IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Adaptive control; Coding systems; Communications; Digital computers; Messages (Communications); Programming manuals; Pulse code modulation; Real time control; Real time data processing; Subroutines
- Old TRIS Terms: Adaptive communications; Differential pulse code modulation; Machine coding; Message processing; Response; Vocoders
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00175461
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-77-177.3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1107
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 31 2002 12:00AM