AIRCRAFT SONIC BOOM: BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The selected abstracts of research reports cover the effects of sonic booms on humans, animals, birds, and fish. Discussions of biophysics, psychoacoustics, stress, and auditory tolerances are presented, along with materials on startle responses, disturbance, and compression wave reactions. (This updated bibliography contains 77 abstracts, 5 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-77/0171, NTIS/PS-0177 and NTIS/PS-75/320.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Harrison, E A
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Acoustics; Aircraft noise; Animal behavior; Animals; Behavior; Bibliographies; Biophysics; Birds; Environmental impacts; Fishes; Heart rate; Living things; Loss and damage; Noise; Physiological aspects; Psychological aspects; Sleep; Sonic boom; Stress (Physiology); Stresses; Tests; Tolerance (Physiology)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damage assessment
- Old TRIS Terms: Audiometry; Biological effects; Psychoacoustics; Response; Tolerances physiology
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment;
- Accession Number: 00175360
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM