A MANUAL FOR THE REVIEW OF HIGHWAY NOISE IMPACT
A manual has been prepared which presents a procedure for reviewing noise impact of proposed highway projects. The manual reviews Federal Highway Administration policy for noise impact, and includes specific steps for reviewing environmental impact statements and noise study reports prepared for proposed highway projects. The noise policy of the Department of Housing and Urban Development and noise levels identified by the Environmental Protection Agency are also reviewed, so that a complete assessment of the impact of expected noise may be made. A noise prediction model, consisting of charts, nomograms, and simple equations, is presented so as to enable an independent check of predicted levels presented in an EIS. The noise model (which includes barriers) is itself suitable for predicting roadside noise levels.
- Noise Impact Review Manual.
Wyle Laboratories2001 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA United States 22202
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Noise Abatement and Control, 1921 Jeff Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA United States 20460
- Sharp, B H
- Plotkin, K J
- Glenn, P K
- Slone, RMJ
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Effective sound pressure; Environmental impact statements; Forecasting; Guidelines; Highway transportation; Highways; Manuals; Mathematical models; Noise; Noise barriers; Policy; Pollution; Sound level; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise sound
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00175350
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-550-9-77-356 Final Rpt., WR-76-24
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-3514
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM