DEVELOPMENT OF SHIP LOADING VALUES (BOW IN COLLISION), TASK VIII
With formulations collected by K. Reckling the collapsing resistance of the OBO TARIM's Model Bow was calculated for several stages of penetration. In collision test no. 9 performed by the German Nuclear Research Institute (GKSS) the overall penetration for a known impact energy was known: This is compared with the area under the curve of impact forces calculated at several points during penetration. The work so calculated was found to be 39% less than the energy spent in the test. Possible explanations for this discrepancy are given.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Minorsky, V U
- Publication Date: 1978-1-30
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Buckling; Crashes; Energy absorption; Hulls; Inertial forces; Loads; Set forward force; Shock resistance; Tankers; Yield strength
- Uncontrolled Terms: Impact strength; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Collision damage protection; Inertia force determination; Tanker collisions; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00175335
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-920-78013 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-6-38053
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM