SUPPORTING INVESTIGATIONS DURING TESTING OF THE WDL-1 AIRSHIP IN GHANA AND UPPER VOLTA
BERICHT UEBER BEGLEITENDE UNTERSUCHUNGEN BEI DER ERPROBUNG DES LUFTSCHIFFES WDL-1 IN GHANA UND OBERVOLTA
Test flights were made in July and August 1976 in Ghana and the Upper Volta with an airship (blimp) with a view to using this means of transportation in countries not having sufficiently developed infrastructure. A day-to-day report is given of the flight, and measurements concerning hull temperature, filling gas (He) temperature, and atmospheric and biological effects on hull and control surfaces are reported. Operational problems are also dealt with.
- Language in German.
Deutsche Forschungs-u Versuchsanst f Luft-u RaumftHauptabt. Flugbetrieb
- Licklederer, A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airships; Developing countries; Helium; Hulls; Lighter than air craft; Meteorology; Properties of the atmosphere; Tropics; Weather
- Uncontrolled Terms: Atmospheric effects
- Geographic Terms: Burkina Faso; Ghana
- Old TRIS Terms: Atmospheric conditions; Lighter-than-air vehicles; Meteorological parameters
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Geotechnology; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175301
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DLR-IB-536-76/3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM