TEST REPORT ON THE APPLICATION OF THE LINDE FOG REMOVAL EQUIPMENT AT THE ERDING AIR BASE
ERPROBUNGSBERICHT UEBER DEN EINSATZ DER LINDE-ENTNEBELUNGSAPPARATUR AUF DEM FLIEGERHORST ERDING
With the Linde apparatus atmospheric air is dried and heated. It was found that wind has the strongest influnece because it carries away the purified air masses. With a head wind or cross wind of 2 knots the apparatus is effective only for short stretches, necessitating the need for fog removal equipment at both sides of the runway. Under calm conditions a 50 m large runway can be kept free of fog over 200 to 250 meters.
- Subm-Sponsored by Bundesamt fuer Wehrtech. U. Beschaffung. Language in German.
Deutsche Forschungs-u Versuchsanst f Luft-u RaumftInstitut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere
- Willeke, H
- Katheder, F
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Airports; Equipment tests; Fog dispersal; Heat exchangers; Landing; Landing aids; Visibility distance; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reduced visibility
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Air mass; Aircraft landing; Drying apparatus; Test equipment; Weather modification
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00175288
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DLR-IB-75/8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM