AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT WORKSHOP ON PERFORMANCE MEASURES, EVALUATION TECHNIQUES, AND GOALS HELD IN WASHINGTON, D.C. ON AUGUST 25, 1976
The Office of Technology Development and Deployment of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration (UMTA) is sponsoring projects that require the development of performance measures that will be used to evaluate the cost effectiveness of current and planned Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) systems. The purpose of this workshop was to identify performance parameters and develop measurement and computational techniques. The workshop centered around two specific objectives: (1) to review the status of parameter definitions; and (2) to review the techniques used for the measurement and evaluation of AGT system performance and establish significant trade-off items for further study. This workshop discussed the meaning, specification, and measurement of performance in AGT systems. The workshop was organized according to the following areas: Socio-Economic Studies Project - AGT Assessments; Preliminary Performance Measures for AGT Urban Deployability; Preliminary Performance Measures for the Systems Operations Studies; Advanced Mass Transit Simulator; and Trade-Off Studies for AGRT. This document contains the workshop presentation papers, discussion results, and list of attendees.
Johns Hopkins University, LaurelApplied Physics Laboratory, 11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD USA 20723-6099
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Roesler, W J
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Benefit cost analysis; Central business districts; Cost effectiveness; Economic impacts; Evaluation; Measurement; Meetings; Mobility; People movers; Performance; Social factors; Social impacts; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city
- Subject Areas: Economics; Railroads; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175258
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MD-06-0022-77-4Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM