A SUPPLY-DEMAND ANALYSIS. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. OF THE MOBILE OIL DRILLING RIG AND SUPPORT CRAFT MARKETS
The purpose of this study was to assist the Maritime Administration in determining the economic soundness of vessel construction projects submitted pursuant to the Federal Ship Financing Guarantee program. In addition, there is a detailed discussion of worldwide offshore oil and gas reserves and undiscovered recoverable resources, recent production trends, and exploration/development policies of principal current and potential oil producing countries based on the location of offshore resources. The rig market includes the three major types of mobile drilling units: jackups, semisubmersibles and drillships. The support craft market is grouped into nine types of support vessels commonly employed by the industry. The mobile rig forecast is presented on a regional basis indicating the future demand for offshore drilling units in relation to the characteristics of the region and the anticipated development within the region.
- See also Volume 2, PB-276 407. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E10, PB-276 405-SET.
BDM Corporation7915 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA United States 22101
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Durfee, J H
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Boats; Continental shelf; Demand; Drilling machines; Drilling ships; Economic analysis; Energy resources; Equipment; Forecasting; Inventory; Leasing; Market surveys; Marketing; Natural gas; Natural resources; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Offshore platforms; Offshore supply boats; Oil exploration; Oil wells; Petroleum industry; Resource development; Semisubmersibles; Supply; Supply vessels; Technology assessment; Trend (Statistics); Tugboats
- Uncontrolled Terms: Depletion
- Old TRIS Terms: Continental shelves; Energy source development; Jack up rigs; Market studies; Supply economics; Underwater equipment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175173
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BDM/W-77-016-TR-SUMMFinal Rpt., MA-RD-940-78007
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38024
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM